LuKreme:
> I've started seeing "forged domain name in Message-ID: header: covisp.net
> " recently when sending from a covisp.net email address. I suspect
> that it is the OS X Mail.app generating it's own Message-ID.

Some mail client software will use the domain as the message-id
domain. BACKSCATTER_README has a workaround but that does not work
if you have many such clients.

> What I'd like is to know how I can let postfix know that Message-IDs
> from authenticated clients with local user addresses are not forged;
> or if that's possible.

If the client uses the submission service then you could jump the
necessary hoops to give them their own cleanup server with its own
header_checks that discards the message ID.

This is one of those things that would be easier if the cleanup
daemon's code was included into the SMTP server.