Rene Bartsch wrote:
>> Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:

> virtual domains extracted from the mail-aliases.

>>> This documentation tries to override the Address Classes that Postfix has
>>> defined in the
>>>
> ADDRESS_CLASS_README.
>
>>> No guarantees are given with unsupported configurations.

> relay mail from local (loopback or private network) users to the internet.

>> In addition, why are you accepting mail locally as postfix.org?
>>

> I do NOT ACCEPT mail as "postfix.org". That error occurrs when I try to SEND
> MAIL to the internet
> (in this case to the postfix ML).
>
> With the following configuration I can receive mail from the internet with
> DBMAIL and send mail
> from local hosts to DBMAIL accounts, but I CANNOT SEND MAIL TO THE INTERNET
> getting the error:
> "550 5.1.1 $recipient: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual
> mailbox table"
>
> ------------------------------------ snip
>
> append_dot_mydomain = no
> biff = no
> config_directory = /etc/postfix
> mail_owner = postfix
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 10.214.224.0/24, 10.214.234.0/24
> myorigin = $mydomain
> readme_directory = no
> recipient_delimiter = +
> relay_domains =
> setgid_group = postdrop
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
> virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-virtual_mailbox_domains.cf
> virtual_mailbox_maps =
> mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-virtual_mailbox_maps.cf virtual_transport =
> dbmail-lmtp:127.0.0.1:24
>
> ------------------------------------ snap
>
> When I disable the virtual* entries I can send mail fine, but cannot receive
> mail, of course.
>
> I used "postmap -q" to check the MySQL results:
>
> "mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-virtual_mailbox_domains.cf" returns a comma-separated
> list of the domains

I hope you are not trying to list all domains with every query.
For virtual_(alias|mailbox)_domains or mydestination using a mysql map,
Postfix expect to give a domain to a query .
If *any* result is returned, the return value is ignored and the lookup
is considered a success.

This can be where Postfix is confusing all domains to be relayed locally.

An example:
query = SELECT 1 from domains where domain='%s'
> to receive mail for and "mysql:/etc/postfix/sql-virtual_mailbox_maps.cf"
> returns the full mail
> address queried for or nothing if there is no alias or account in DBMail.

It would help to show the mysql maps you are using here (hide user/pass).