On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:14 AM, Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

MySQL Student put forth on 10/11/2009 11:53 PM:

I appreciate your comments about obfuscation. Hopefully I haven't
mangled the info too much. My log is more than just a few lines.
Perhaps I have the logging level turned up too high. Isn't there a way
to include more detailed logging directly in the deferred/ queue file
itself?

Ah, found it. The problem is you've got the Postfix host relaying mail
to itself.  It's right in your log entries:

to=<benja...@example.com>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]

That is because the OP is using amavisd-new running on localhost, so Postfix (presumably because it has so been configured) is passing mail to amavisd-new on 127.0.0.1. Not so problematic in and of itself.