On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:57:58PM +0500, rihad wrote:
> could someone please say how I'd configure external program myprog
> instead of maildrop? Maybe something like:
>
> myprog  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
>   user=vmail argv=/path/to/myprog -d ${recipient}
>
> myprog will only do something based on ${recipient}, and will ignore
> the message itself. What would I put in main.cf to activate the
> execution of this program for each email delivered by virtual(8)
> without affecting other aspects of the current working system? I'm
> not very much familiar with Postfix.

"virtual_transport = myprog" in main.cf (default is "virtual"), if you
define "myprog" in master.cf like you described.

Optionally set myprog_destination_recipient_limit = 1 or other limitations
your program might need.  Look for transport_* settings in postconf(5), you
can all override them for "myprog" specifically with myprog_*.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  g...@telenet.be  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F