Geert Hendrickx wrote:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:57:58PM +0500, rihad wrote:
could someone please say how I'd configure external program myprog
instead of maildrop? Maybe something like:

myprog  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=vmail argv=/path/to/myprog -d ${recipient}

myprog will only do something based on ${recipient}, and will ignore
the message itself. What would I put in main.cf to activate the
execution of this program for each email delivered by virtual(8)
without affecting other aspects of the current working system? I'm
not very much familiar with Postfix.

"virtual_transport = myprog" in main.cf (default is "virtual"), if you
define "myprog" in master.cf like you described.

Optionally set myprog_destination_recipient_limit = 1 or other limitations
your program might need.  Look for transport_* settings in postconf(5), you
can all override them for "myprog" specifically with myprog_*.

One more thing, please: after myprog has done its job, how can I pass the original message back to postfix so it does whatever should be done after myprog is finished (like delivering the message with virtual(8))?