Quoting ram <r...@netcore.co.in>:

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 08:45 +1100, Phillip Smith wrote:
2009/10/28 Dennis Putnam <dennis.put...@aimaudit.com>
        Thanks or the reply. That sucks. Is there a way around this,
        short of turning that off or whitelisting?

Tell the admin of the remote domain to fix their PTR records and/or MX
helo configuration because in the meantime, you're going to have to
implement a dirty hack to make their server work.

But the PTR needs no "fix".

The IP resolves to a hostname perfectly fine , only that the hostname
does not resolve.

Is that a valid reason to reject mails ?
I had to remove the reject_unknown_client because of this.

I hope postfix would have a *reject_no_ptr* .. that just checks for PTR
record exists.

From Postfix 2.3 on you can use reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname