Thanks. I owe you one. That seems to have fixed it.

On Oct 29, 2009, at 2:41 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 02:35:56PM -0400, Dennis Putnam wrote:

That is a relief when I get to the new version.

In the mean time I am still having trouble with the workaround. My config
now says:

smtpd_helo_restrictions =
     check_client_access cidr:/etc/postfix/heloaccept.cidr

That got rid of the dictionary error however it does not work as I
expected. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what this is doing. The last entry
in heloaccept.cdir is:

0.0.0.0/0 REJECT

The behavior seems to be that anything not listed in the cdir file is
getting rejected (actually it says 'access denied'). The behavior I am looking is the same as reject_unknown_client unless the IP or network is listed in the cdir file with OK before the above entry. What do I have
wrong?

Change that to:

        0.0.0.0/0       reject_unknown_client

--
        Viktor.

Dennis Putnam
Sr. IT Systems Administrator
AIM Systems, Inc.
11675 Rainwater Dr., Suite 200
Alpharetta, GA  30009
Phone: 678-240-4112
Main Phone: 678-297-0700
FAX: 678-297-2666 or 770-576-1000
The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is strictly confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of any part of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies, including the attachments.