Hi Ali
i had problems using login, plain, cram-md5 and digest-md5 (all toghether) through saslauthd. At this site, all mail parameters are in LDAP, so i had to tell saslauthd to get the authentication parameters from LDAP. For the tests, i had inserted the passwords in plaintext into LDAP. But as soon as saslauthd "saw", that it had to go via LDAP, it asked for /etc/sasldb2 and wanted to go via auxprop. i did not test eny further then and went back to using auxprop with /etc/sasldb2.
See also my submission dated 9/24/2009

suomi

On 2009-11-11 08:51, Ali Majdzadeh wrote:
Patrick,
Hi
Thanks for your mail. I use the following options in smtpd.conf:

mech_list: gssapi plain
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
saslauthd_path: /var/run/saslauthd/mux
keytab: /etc/krb5.keytab

and I am able to use GSSAPI and PLAIN (Over PAM using pam_krb5.so)
mechanisms. How is it possible to add cram-md5 mechanism?
By the way, I do know about sasldb and auxprop, but what I plan to
achieve is to have cram-md5 mechanism while supporting plain mechanism
using saslauthd, PAM and pam_krb5.so. I have got no problems using
native GSSAPI support.

Kind Regards
Ali Majdzadeh Kohbanani

2009/11/11 Patrick Ben Koetter <p...@state-of-mind.de
<mailto:p...@state-of-mind.de>>

    * Ali Majdzadeh <ali.majdza...@gmail.com
    <mailto:ali.majdza...@gmail.com>>:
     > Hello All
     > Is it possible to have both PLAIN and CRAM-MD5 authentication
     > mechanisms using SASL?

    Yes. The password must be stored as plaintext. Then plaintext and
    shared-secret mechanisms will work.

    p...@rick

    --
    All technical questions asked privately will be automatically
    answered on the

    saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):