Hi,

I just want to be sure, I understood correctly :

When an email is sent, it gain the status "SENT" in the logs, if the distant server oppose a definitive error, it gain the "BOUNCED" status. If the distant server oppose a non definitive error or is enable to answer, the mail get the "DEFERRED" status and so is moved to the deferred queue. It is then retry multiple times.

But then, what status get and email retried without success until the end ? those it acquire the "BOUNCED" status ? if it stay as deferred, is there a way to distinct the last entry in the log for this DEFERRED email (counting it once only) ?

because, if I sent 5000 email, and get the sum of the one sent or bounced, I usually get less than 5000 so I am wondering where those few are ... (I am assuming they stay deferred) ...

Thanks for your help.

Stéphane