On 11/18/2009 2:49 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

Thanks for your hints.  I am also searching for a simple solution which
just start working from main.cf .  I like my postfix to send email to a
very specific domain only; just say gmail.com so if you try to send a
mail to both gmail.com and yahoo.in then the mail will be successfully
sent to gmail account only. Unfortunately nothing of my previous
experiments are successful :-(

You have not sufficiently defined for us what you want postfix to do. The solution will probably involve more than just setting some flag in main.cf, but we don't really understand the problem yet.

You keep getting conflicting answers because everyone is solving a different problem for you. The answers you need are likely listed in the docs
and we will happily guide you to the correct section once we have an idea of what you're looking for.

How does this mail enter postfix?  SMTP? The sendmail(1) command?

What should postfix do with mail addressed to the wrong domain? Reject it? Force delivery to the proper domain? Discard it?

If you try something and don't get the results you expected, you need to show the configuration you tried, what you expected to happen, and postfix logging of what actually occurred. Reporting "it didn't work" just wastes time, both ours and yours.

Before you answer, please read:

  -- Noel Jones