On 12/14/2009 11:11 AM, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
On 12/14/2009 10:46 AM, Noel Jones wrote:
On 12/14/2009 8:22 AM, Brian Evans - Postfix List wrote:
On 12/14/2009 3:04 AM, Søren Schimkat wrote:
Hi guys

This is kinda hard to explain - but I wil try. :-)

I have a postfix / cyrus / amavisd-new setup, which works quite
allright, but due to some wierd problem, I'm receiving mail for
non-existing subdomains. One of my domains are streetclassics.net, but
the server is also accepting mail for *...@www.streetclassics.net from
spammers, causing bounces to fake senders. I guess that you can see
that this is pretty annoying. :-)

How can I tell Postfix to just reject mails for non-existing
subdomains at the gate - instead of letting them in?

Please read
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains
Then, you may like to set 'parent_domain_matches_subdomains = '
This changes behavior across the instance, it cannot be for a single
domain.

Likely setting in main.cf
relay_domains =
will fix the problem.

If not, OP can try reject_unknown_recipient_domain.

   -- Noel Jones

While this may have some impact, I had the same issue as the OP even
with relay_domains removed.

You may have missed that the OP's domain in question is listed in
mydestination. (main.cf vs 'postconf -n' noise)
Without a parent_domain_matches_subdomains change, at least for
mydestination, www.example.net will match example.net when example.net
is listed in mydestination.

mydestinations is not listed in parent_domain_matches_subdomains, but relay_domains is, and the *default* value of relay_domains = $mydestinations. Hence my suggestion to specifically set relay_domains empty.

  -- Noel Jones