George Forman:

> > > We are trying to replace our inbound MTA.  Because of the
> > > problems encountered, we brought down the server.
> > > I will try this tomorrow and report back with the results.

> > > Unfortunately, I don't know how to associate the queue manager's
> > > output with respect to the email message queue id. The log file is
> > > huge, I will see if I can find the logs entries and included them.
> >
> > Don't bother, you have no idea what records are triggered
> > by cleanup server activity.
> >
> > The queue manager handles other deliveries while it is ignoring
> > this file? The cleanup server attempts to write to the qmgr FIFO,
> > and the queue manager will log that it receives a request.
> >
> > Dec 14 20:04:13 tail postfix/qmgr[2053]: trigger_server_accept_fifo:
> > trigger arrived
> >
> > If there is no such logging then the cleanup-to-qmgr notification
> > is broken, and delivery is delayed until the queue manager does
> > the routine queue_run_delay=300s queue scan.
> >
> >     Wietse
>
> I am seeing trigger_server_accept_fifo log entries unfortunately
> I cannotassociate the trigger to a specific message. I did notice
> the numberof qmgr trigger log entries are 60% the number of message
> processedlog entries. I know postfix logs a single line per
> recipient and that couldaccount for some but not a 40% difference.
> I completely left out one observation. The messages are accepted,
> theyare sitting in the incoming queue. There is little or no mail
> in the deferqueue. The active queue has a few hundred messages.
> I am not seeingany significant number of errors for milter nor
> ldap queries.

For the purpose of trouble shooting, I suggest running the tests on
a NON-MX machine so that one can trace the flow of a single message
without being flooded by unrelated logging, and so that the analysis
is not confused by you deleting logfile evidence without telling me.

Could you answer my questions, regarding items 2) .. 4, and regarding
other deliveries while a message sits in the incoming queue?

Note that I provide ZERO SUPPORT for configurations that correspond
with 3) above.