Victor Duchovni:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 02:13:17PM +0100, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>
> > > Is there something I can do to avoid these rejections (other than the
> > > obvious -- get dba...@example2.com to fix his address book)?
> >
> > Hm, you could try and alias " soli...@example.com" to
> > "soli...@example.com"
> >
> > But how???
>
> The lookup keys and RHS values for virtual(5) are in rfc822 format.
> A PCRE table can take care of this:
>
>       /^" soliver"@example\.com$/     soli...@example.com
>
> This said, far better to just reject this, and let the sender correct
> their address list.

Virtual alias lookups are done in the "unquoted" form, while
canonical map lookups are in "quoted" form.

So, the above form is good for canonical mapping, but virtual
alias mapping would require that the quotes be stripped:

/^ soli...@example\.com$/       soli...@example.com

(Normally, Postfix transforms addresses to unquoted form because
the RFC supports multiple ways to quote the same string. Perhaps
to make canonical mappings look more like local aliases, canonical
mapping lookups use the external form; but that does not work.
Unlike postalias, the postmap command can't blindly apply email
quoting rules to its input).