Zhang Huangbin put forth on 3/12/2010 6:36 AM:

> On Mar 12, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Goutam Baul wrote:
>
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> I am facing a scenario where the client needs a mailing solution while the
>> user information will be kept in a Microsoft Active Directory server. I was
>> trying to search for any material that talks about whether it is possible to
>> make postfix and courier-imap talk to Microsoft ADS. I have done
>> implementation with Open LDAP but not with ADS. Another work around might be
>> to have LDAP for the mailing solution and create an application for user
>> management that ensures that the LDAP and the MDS are always in sync. This
>> would not be an elegant one and it would be great if the mailing solution
>> (postfix,courier-imap,courier-authlib all in Linux] could talk to the ADS.
>> May I request for some pointer please?
>
> You can try Postfix + Dovecot + Windows Active Directory 2003 + Roundcube
> webmail. I deployed one for customer based on iRedMail, works like a charm.
>
> Postfix and Dovecot can auth user against AD directly, include normal user,
> mail list, and Roundcube can use AD as global LDAP address book too. :)

I concur.  Ditch courier and go with Dovecot.  If you're using Postfix, you
may as well use the IMAP server that integrates best with it:
http://www.dovecot.org

Nice AD setup directions for Postfix and Dovecot:
http://www.linuxmail.info/postfix-dovecot-ldap-centos-5/

--
Stan