Wietse,

Okay, I think I know what the problem is.  Our reply-to addresses are for a
domain that's not handled (yet) by our mail servers.  We are in the middle
of a transition to bringing our e-mail in-house away from an external
pop/imap provider but during the transition we'd still like to keep the
reply-to domain name the same (we just have forwards set up on our external
provider to point to our temporary e-mail addresses).  From looking at the
logs, the bounce is going to our provider's MX server and stops there.  If I
change my reply-to to a domain that is handled by my relay then I get the
bounce message back.
So I guess my question is now, will I have to wait until I change the MX
record to point to my relay before the bounce messages come in or is there a
way to set up something on my external provider's side to forward the
bounces to my relay?  From my limited understanding of how e-mail servers
work, I'm thinking I'll have to wait until I change the MX info, right?