On 4/5/2010 1:10 PM, brian moore wrote:
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 00:27:57 +1000 (EST)
"Voytek Eymont"<li...@sbt.net.au>  wrote:

I just noticed this in the logs, which might be from a valid sender to a
valid user on this server:

Apr  5 11:03:31  postfix/smtpd[31021]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
fep06.mfe.bur.connect.com.au[203.63.86.26]: 554 5.7.1
<fep06.mfe.bur.connect.com.au[203.63.86.26]>: Client host rejected: sender
address does not match client hostname; from=<xxx...@yahoo.com>
to=<y...@zzz.org.au>  proto=ESMTP helo=<fep06.mfe.bur.connect.com.au>

is this rejected because the sender must have 'from' in his mail client
set to ISP's, somen...@connect.com.au and, reply-to to his desired
xxx...@yahoo.com email ?

Maybe,

The person who runs fep06.mfe.bur.connect.com.au would know more,
since it is that server which rejected the mail.  My guess is that
he does not allow yahoo envelopes from non-yahoo servers.  He may
be more strict in his match and not allow 'example.com' envelopes from servers
whose dns does not include 'example.com'.

Postfix just reports what the other mail server had in its reply:
whoever set that reply string would have more information on what it means.

No. The log entry clearly shows that fep06.mfe.bur.connect.com.au is the sender and local postfix is the receiver. The local postfix rejects the delivery attempt.

This is almost certainly a "spoofed freemail" rule added to the local postfix. Recipes for similar rules have been posted on this list in the past.

  -- Noel Jones