On 04/22/10 03:39, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
> On 04/22/10 02:57, Oliver Schinagl wrote:

>>> Yes, it is another smtpd, however, its specifically for user submission
>>> of email.
>>>
>>> This allows you the flexibility to give your authed users ways to bypass
>>> things like.. RBL checks and it forces users to authenticate to send
>>> email, which in-turn, can help verify they are who they say they are etc.
>>>
>>> -Matt
>>>

>> Ok, thanks I'll enable that one as well, atleast I can get my users to
>> mail properly using 587; I'll still have to figure out why auth won't
>> work on the regular port 25 though :S, simply because it bugs me :S
>>

> Heh, I suppose it wasn't as straightforward as that; I'll look more into
> it after some sleep, I enabled it with the following:
> submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> #  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
>   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
> #  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
> (even tried uncommenting both, which shouldn't matter inmo?)
>
> But got denied errors, telnet didn't tell me much, thunderbird told me
> slightly more:
> An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
> greeting:  5.7.1 <yyy-yy-ftth.myisp.nl[yyy.yyy.yy.yyy]>: Client host
> rejected: Access denied.
> It won't even ask me for my sasl password, nothing. A mistery for the
> next day.

BTW, I forgot to mention, irony has it, that where I cannot send from my
host using 587; I can properly send just fine (assuming useing auth,
otherwise i'd be an open relay ...) on port 25 (using TLS) and port 465
(using SSL) from my not PBL-ed host (so submission won't work at all,
normal submission methods bump into RBL before authing).

I was reading David Cottle's message and noticed he has something
remotly similar, yet completely different right? I'll pay attention to
his posts aswell :)

Oliver