On 4/21/2010 8:39 PM, Oliver Schinagl wrote:

Heh, I suppose it wasn't as straightforward as that; I'll look more into
it after some sleep, I enabled it with the following:
submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
#  -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
#  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
(even tried uncommenting both, which shouldn't matter inmo?)

But got denied errors, telnet didn't tell me much, thunderbird told me
slightly more:
An error occurred sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect
greeting:  5.7.1<yyy-yy-ftth.myisp.nl[yyy.yyy.yy.yyy]>: Client host
rejected: Access denied.
It won't even ask me for my sasl password, nothing. A mistery for the
next day.

Please show your current "postconf -n" and the error message from the postfix logs. Showing error messages from the client or from telnet are not particularly useful.

  -- Noel Jones