Sent from my iPhone

On 22/04/2010, at 12:00, Noel Jones <njo...@megan.vbhcs.org> wrote:

On 4/21/2010 6:35 PM, David Cottle wrote:

I am having some issues with my server blocking ISP IP addresses.

I know a recent update to plesk-9.5.1 changed my postfix main.cf and
master.cf (the timestamps changed).  I managed to fix main.cf as on
the smtpd_client_restrictions, they put the RBLs first.

Can anyone see what is wrong in the master.cf?

I just want submission on 587 able to bypass RBL checks:

you must have missed the answer yesterday.

#
# Postfix master process configuration file. For details on the format === === ====================================================================
[...]
submission inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o
smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o
smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o smtpd_proxy_filter=127.0.0.1:10025

add here:

 -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
 -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject

 -- Noel Jones

Hi Noel,

Okay I did miss this! I will add your smtpd_helo_restrictions as above.

What exactly does that do as to not having it?

I have to get my client to try sending email again and dig out the logs.

What I can't understand is he has 3 OS on his PC.

Fedora 11 and Windows XP using thunderbird, exactly same settings and both can RX but not send mail.
Windows 7, using thunderbird it RX and Sends.

Same details, ports, it's got the server certificate same on all 3 but only W7 works.

It's the same broadband settings, could it be the machines host name?

Anyway as it's only one client it's hard to track.

Thanks!