Hi guys,

I am running Debian 5.4 with postfix 2.5.5-1.1, fetchmail 6.3.9rc2-4 and
procmail 3.22-16.

Now, before I upgraded to Debian 5.4 I had Debian 4.0 running the same postfix,
fetchmail & procmail setup(with different versions obviously).

Fetchmail got the mail, gave it to procmail via the ("mda formail -s procmail")
flag in my /etc/fetchmailrc file.

Everything was running just nicely.

So now I upgraded to Debian 5.4 and it seems like fetchmail is no longer calling
procmail. Fetchmail just dumps everything into the /var/spool/mail/fetchmail
file. It looks like it is bypassing the "mda" flag.

My .procmailrc file is fine I think.

So someone I know said that I should delete the following command in postfix's
main.cf file ....

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

... but this does not change anything. Am I missing something here?

My /etc/fetchmail file is like this:
#####################################
set syslog
set postmaster "root"
set no bouncemail
set logfile "/var/log/fetchmail.log"
set spambounce

poll ###.###.###.###
  proto pop3
  user "username"
  pass "password"
  fetchall
  expunge 50
  mda "formail -s procmail"
####################################

The top of my /root/.procmailrc file looks like this:
###################################
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
MAILDIR=~/Mail
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT="all"
VERBOSE="on"
DEFAULT=~/Mail/inbox
#DEFAULT=/var/mail/fetchmail
PMDIR=$HOME=~/.procmail
#INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/spam.rc

I don't want to rewrite headers through formail or procmail. This is a home
setup, and fetchmail must just go get the mail and pass it to procmail.

Thank you in advance

Danny