On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 09:38:36AM -0600, LuKreme wrote:

> When ThunderBird forwards a message, it sends it with the ORIGINAL Date
> header:
>
> This hits one of my header_checks for spammy mails:
>
> /^Date:.* 200[0-8]/                            REJECT Your email has a date
> from the past. Fix your system clock and try again.

Did you set "nested_header_checks =" so that this check is not applied
to the headers of attached messages? The backwards-compatible default is
"nested_header_checks = header_checks".

You should also consider that messages can be "Resent", not just forwarded
(as attachments), and in that case old dates do legitimately show-up in
new messages. The new date is in "Resent-Date:".

Blocking old dates is unlikely to be a very effective anti-spam measure.
I would advise that you turn this filter off.

--
        Viktor.

environment.  If you are interested, please drop me a note.