Uwe Dippel:
> On 05/12/2010 07:13 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >> "fetchmail: connection to localhost:smtp [::1/25] failed: Connection
> >> refused." is what I get in the mail at *:05.
> >>
> > Fetchmail wants to connect over IP VERSION 6.
> >
> > Apparently, Postfix does not listen on IP VERSION 6.
> >

> Apparently.
> Maybe I should ask on a fetchmail list, why fetchmail always and only 5
> minutes past the hour tries to connect over IPv6!?

It is only speculation, but perhaps fetchmail uses IPv6 because
you have a record with:

        ::1     localhost ...

in /etc/hosts. That would explain why fetchmail tries to use that
information. Of course it is not very nice that fetchmail spams
you with error messages for this.

So the "solution" is to nuke this entry from /etc/hosts or to turn
on IPv6 support in Postfix (inet_protocols = all).