> On 5/13/2010 12:57 PM, Victor Duchovni wrote:
> > On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 12:19:04PM -0400, Kaleb Hosie wrote:
> >
> >> Hello,
> >> In our environment, we have a postfix server that receives
> mail and
> >> forwards only the HAM onto Exchange.
> >>
> >> I have several users that are using notebooks and looking
> to send and
> >> receive mail remotely. I have Exchange setup to allow IMAP
> >> connections and forwarded the port on the firewall.
> >>
> >> As you can imagine, the problem is with SMTP
> authentication. When a
> >> user sends an email from a remote location, I would like for it to
> >> require authentication. What's the best way to do that in
> an Exchange environment?
> >
> > I would use a PAM Kerberos module, that uses the provided
> password to
> > obtain (and verify against the server's keytab) a Kerberos ticket
> > issued by Microsoft's Active Directory.
> >
> > To avoid having to populate AD accounts into /etc/passwd on the
> > server, you can use a custom passwd file for the SMTP SASL module
> >
> >     smtpd.conf:
> >       pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> >       mech_list: PLAIN
> >
> >     $ ps -e -o args | grep sasl
> >       saslauthd -m /var/run/saslauthd -a pam
> >
> >     /etc/pam.d/smtp:
> >       auth         requisite    pam_krb5.so auth_only
> >       account      required     pam_localuser.so
> file=/etc/postfix/saslusers
> >       password     required     pam_deny.so
> >       session      required     pam_deny.so
> >
> >     /etc/postfix/saslusers:
> >       joeuser:x:99:99:SASL user:/:
> >       freduser:x:99:99:SASL user:/:
> >
> > You'll also need keys for "host/<servername>@EXAMPLE.COM" where
> > "EXAMPLE.COM" is your AD Kerberos realm and "servername" is the
> > hostname of your Postfix SMTP server. These should be in
> /etc/krb5.keytab.
> >

> *bows before the master*

Seconded.

Thanks for your help Victor! This was the first time doing this task on
Postfix so I wasn't confident in what I was doing.

I also found this site that helped me out with some of the configuration
questions I had:
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=5364518177&topic=6425

The example was performed on Centos which was a great help to me.