> Have you disabled window scaling on your Postfix server. Lost connections
> are often the result of firewalls mangling "advanced" TCP features.
>
>     - Disable window scaling
>     - Disable ECN

I don't believe we have disabled any of the advanced features.  That will give
me something to do this weekend.  I was thinking that maybe Weitse was right
and that it's a conntrack issue, but changing ipvsadm to persistent has reduced
the number of lost data commands.

What I'm thinking is there is some tweaks I need to make to the timeout of
connections being NAT'ed back through ipvsadm.  For some reason I was thinking
that iptables connection tracking and ipvsadm NAT tracking were interrelated
and the more I look, this is not the case.  So it could be similar to what
Weitse thought, just from a different angle.

While I'm in there I'll look at making sure all of the other settings are sane
for the firewall boxes.

Gary-