Dear list,

It recently came to my attention that our canonical rewriting had stopped working.

Further inspection led me to the information on the site that default behaviour was changed in Postfix 2.2. Fine no problem, I should have seen it. As this is already couple of years ago and nobody noticed it, it's a big deal :).

Rewriting is partially happening again. the recipient from and sender is rewritten.

However, I can't remember if in the past the To/From headers in the body of the email are rewritten too? Now it doesn't seem to happen anymore. Did it actually work in the past? :)

smtp1:/etc/smtp# postconf | grep canonical
canonical_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient, header_sender, header_recipient
canonical_maps =
propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $sender_bcc_maps $recipient_bcc_maps $smtp_generic_maps $lmtp_generic_maps $smtpd_client_restrictions $smtpd_recipient_restrictions $smtpd_helo_restrictions $smtpd_sender_restrictions
recipient_canonical_classes = envelope_recipient, header_recipient
recipient_canonical_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/smtp/maps/maprecipient.cfg
sender_canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender
sender_canonical_maps = proxy:ldap:/etc/smtp/maps/mapsender.cfg

Thanks in advance,

Rudy