On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 01:53:46AM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> Christian Purnomo put forth on 6/24/2010 11:33 PM:
>
> > /etc/postfix/transport:
> > server2.com:        relay:[10.0.2.73]
> >
> > /etc/postfix/master.cf:
> > relay     unix  -       -       n       -       200      smtp
> >         -o smtp_helo_timeout=3s
> >         -o smtp_connect_timeout=3s
> >         -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
> >         -o fallback_relay=
>
> This was answered by Wietse 4 years ago on this list.  Took me ten seconds to
> find it via Google.  Read the entire thread on Neohapsis carefully and you'll
> find your answer, which is to remove all this custom stuff and go back to the
> defaults.  The first 2 of 4 above are the cause of your immediate problem, as
> they are waaaay too low.  The other two are just unnecessary.  And change
> max_proc back to 100.  You're probably not getting close to 100 processes
> running anyway.

The connect timeout is actually reasonable for internal
destinations. The helo timeout is a bit light. Both are only useful
if there are multiple internal servers, which seems unlikely given the
"disable_dns_lookups=yes".  Why is that  setting there? It became obsolete
with Postfix 2.0 which was released 8 years ago.

The "fallback_relay" setting is correct, but even better is:

        -o smtp_fallback_relay=

because the parameter has been renamed and the "fallback_relay" name
is a legacy alias, so is not always effective if the underlying real
variable is set in main.cf.

--
        Viktor.