Noel Jones:
> On 8/25/2010 4:27 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > Noel Jones:
> >> As I see it, there are two complementary paths we can take
> >> with DNS whitelists, each with a slightly different purpose.
> >> While these are both useful, neither depends on the other, so
> >> postfix can implement either or both.
> >
> > I'll read the entire proposal later.
> >
> > Would this notation work:
> >
> >    dnswl1.example.com=127.0.0.2*weight1,
> > dnswl2.example.com=127.0.0.1*weight2
> >    dnsbl3.example.com=127.0.0.3*weight3,
> > dnsbl4.example.com=127.0.0.1*weight4
> >
> > It would reduce the number of config parameters.
>
> Yes. Both the A filter and the weight would need to be
> optional.  ie, if you want any result to have a custom weight,
> it must accept
>
> dnsbl1.example.com=*weight

I assume the syntax would be like this:

    domain[=addr][*weight]

where content inside [] is optional.

> > Currently, postscreen does not look up the client hostname, that
> > is something that can be added later when there is time.
>
> I know.  I was just hoping the hostname would be available in
> the new-and-improved postscreen discussed elsewhere.

The primary goal is to keep spambots away from Postfix, so I'll
focus on features that do for the short term. The only luxury will
be the dummy SMTP engine that logs the rejected client, helo,
sender, recipient. Right now I don't miss that at all.