Hi

On 31 August 2010 03:04, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:

> If this does not announce the SASL mechanisms that you expect, then
> the missing mechanisms are not installed with the Cyrus SASL library.

I do appreciate that you took the time to answer my questions..
Especially as I understand it you're the author of postfix and I'm
sure you have a very busy schedule.

But it seems to me that you haven't read what I asked for.

> Each Cyrus SASL is provided as a shared object file. On many systems
> these files are called /usr/libsasl/digestmd5.so.1, /usr/libsasl/plain.so.1
> and so on.
>
> I don't know if Patrik's saslfinger tool works on MacOS, but it
> would list out these files for you (along with "postconf -n" output
> and other information that helps to quickly solve many problems
> with Cyrus SASL deployment).

The issue isn't about not having the SASL mechanisms I want. The issue
is being able to distinguish which mechanisms are allowed during a
TLS/SSL session vs a clear text one.

The documentation states that it can be controlled with
smtpd_sasl_security_options and smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options and
provide different mechanism according to the communication medium
used.

Yet it doesn't. It always announce the same mechanism, SSL being used or not.

JY