Hi

On 31 August 2010 01:00, Adam Tauno Williams <awill...@whitemice.org> wrote:
> "A separate parameter controls Postfix SASL mechanism policy during a
> TLS-encrypted SMTP session. The default is to copy the settings from the
> unencrypted session:"
>
> smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext
> smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous

I've had played with those settings already, to no available.
I have:
smtpd_use_tls = yes
smtpd_enforce_tls = no
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous, noplaintext
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous

telnet localhost 25 shows:
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 GSSAPI
250-STARTTLS

connection via SSL:
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5 GSSAPI

FWIW, under sendmail, I would do:
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A,p,y')dnl
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS',`LOGIN PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5')dnl

it's the 'p' in confAUTH_OPTIONS that does it all..

> See <http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_sasl_security_options>
> for list of the available documentation.
>
> HINT:  The Postfix documentation is rather crazy,  you need to just
> keep-on-a-clicking till you find the option the detail you need just so
> happens to be listed under.  And be prepared to *constantly* be accused
> by members of this list that you are lazy/incompetent/illiterate and
> didn't look at the documentation.

I had noticed :)

I've found the postifx documentation to be extremely complete... I was
surprised actually by the extent of the documentation, pleasant
surprise.

> I think using plussed addresses would be easier, and is a generally
> recognized standard.  Otherwise perhaps some kind of regular expression
> rewrite?

Because when using a +, I've found that it is often not accepted as a
valid email by many vendors ..
I've found my answer already... thanks for that

Cheers
JY