Le Wed, 8 Sep 2010 00:29:03 -0700,
Yang Zhang <yanghates...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:16 AM, Mihira Fernando
> <mihirathe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  On 09/08/2010 12:33 PM, Yang Zhang wrote:
> >>
> >> Are there any extensions to Postfix that can aggregate multiple
> >> outgoing emails into a single email within some time window?
> >>
> >> We're developing an application that runs on multiple hosts and
> >> emails notifications to us (the developers @gmail.com) whenever
> >> something goes wrong, via a postfix server.  However, we've run
> >> into issues where the application spews hundreds of such errors in
> >> rapid succession, leading Gmail to bounce our messages.  This is
> >> why we're interested first and foremost throttling messages, but
> >> ideally also aggregating messages together into a periodic digest
> >> that is emitted at most once per minute.  Any other (low-effort)
> >> solution ideas would be appreciated as well.
> >> --
> >> Yang Zhang
> >> http://yz.mit.edu/
> >>
> > how about writing the errors to a log and email the log via a cron
> > job ?
>
> We were actually considering just tailing our logs for errors, but
> it's a bit more work because a bunch of the error reporting logic is
> actually not necessarily logged, and the errors are caught/emails are
> generated by libraries that we didn't develop.  Failing to find other
> solutions we might opt for this.
> --
> Yang Zhang
> http://yz.mit.edu/

A bit twisted: you could send to a local mailbox on the postfix server,
then use procmail or similar via cron to send digests. Seems to me that
procmail can do this (multiple bodies feed a new mail).

You may also set up a transport for these mails, and a particular
transport_destination_rate_delay

Xavier Gillard