> I am using alias_maps:
>
> # postconf | grep ldap
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-aliases.cf,
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-groups.cf
>
> My owner- address is defined in hash:/etc/aliases and my list address in
> ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-groups.cf.
> Do both the list address and the owner- alias have to be in the same
> alias-map?

That is not needed. The alias and owner- alias need to be found in
any file listed under alias_maps.

This changes Postfix's error handling. The idea is that Postfix
creates a new queue file, and when one recipient fails, then Postfix
won't deliver again to the recipients that already have received
the message.

> The local(8) process is running into a *PER PROCESS* limit, not a user
> or system limit. (The system limit is 1182752.)

That is consistent with the description of one process looping.