On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Will Fong <seekw...@resetbypeer.com> wrote:
> On 11/09/2010 04:45 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
>>
>> The Proliant Dl180 g6 box he has will scale to 192GB RAM in 12 DIMM
>> slots, but getting it there gets expensive due to the cost/DIMM at 16GB
>> density.  Using fairly inexpensive 4GB DIMMS he could occupy 6 of the 12
>> slots for a 24GB capacity.  That should be plenty for the requirements
>> the OP has described so far.
>
> There's probably a point where adding a second server will be more cost
> effective... Is there really a _need_ to load this all on one host?

hi guys,

currently we go on with the setup and yesterday we setup dovecot to
serv imap and pop3, really it's a bit confusion for us since we use
pam and passwd as a driver for userdb and passdb on dovecot.conf, in
short word, finally we found that we need to make use of
auth_username_translation = @. so we can login to imap or pop with
usual email address like t...@domain.net since it add up as
test.domain.net on unix account.

in the future if we find that the server isn't up to carry the load
then we simply would add another server, but for now we pretty
confident the server will run perhaps for a few years from now.

and thanks for all of these discussion :)

--
http://blog.rizahnst.org