Le 08/11/2010 10:51, Stan Hoeppner a écrit :
ahmad riza h nst put forth on 11/8/2010 3:05 AM:

yes i read the manual before, it's said "Virtual aliasing solves one
problem: it allows each domain to have its own info mail address. But
there still is one drawback: each virtual address is aliased to a UNIX
system account. As you add more virtual addresses you also add more
UNIX system accounts. The next section eliminates this problem. "
this what i want to understand about. how bad the system or the
postfix it self if we use thousands of unix system account to host
virtual users, or it just ok with it ?

You won't have local system accounts.  Just setup Postfix and Dovecot to
query your current mysql domain and user database.  It may take some
tweaking, but what doesn't? ;)

Are you using Dovecot for IMAP and POP or just POP?

our hardware is hp dl180 g6 (a xeon quad core + raid 1 + 4G ram)

Ok, that answers one of my previous questions.  This system isn't nearly
strong enough for thousands of users.  You should:

1.  Bump the RAM up to at least 8GB

why? His quad-core/4 Go RAM should easily handle his "thousands" of users. when he'll talk about spam filtering, and tell us what "thousands" exactly mean (one million is nothing but 1000 thousands), and more precisely, the number of messages per hour, then we can talk...