On 2010-12-08 3:21 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I'm still getting LOTS of emails in thunderbird that have the "junk
> status" flame turned on.

Thunderbirds 'Junk' controls are client side - ie, totally separate from
server-side spam stuff... and they do not add anything to an emails
headers...

If you have a decent server side spam filter I'd suggest just disabling
Thunderbirds Junk controls:

Tools > Account Settings > Junk Settings

Uncheck 'Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account'

Or, at a minimum you need to reset your training data:

Tools > Options > Security > Junk tab

Click 'Reset Training Data'

WARNING: this resets it for *all* of your accounts, so if you are
relying on it for other accounts that don't have decent server-side
filtering, don't do this, just disable the adaptive junk controls for
the problem account.

> If I could just find a way to filter them to the JUNK folder, I'd be
> happy.

That's what 'Tools' > 'Message Filters' are for - but this is way way OT
from postfix. Email me privately if you need help setting one up...

--

Best regards,

Charles