David Touzeau put forth on 12/23/2010 3:43 PM:
> Dear bests
>
> I would like to know if you think this tool can help me about my
> needs :
>
> http://linux.die.net/man/1/taskset

Ahh, Linux, and Debian no less.  My favorite as well.  :)

I strongly suggest you read the following document (which I previously
mentioned) for further understanding of cpusets and how to manage them:

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/cgroups/cpusets.txt

taskset is but one shell interface to cpusets system calls, written by
Robert M. Love, another is SGI's runon command.  Andi Kleen's numactl
shell command can be used to manipulate memsets (cpusets.mems).  cpusets
are managed via a virtual filesystem, and as such new cpusets are
created with the mkdir shell command, just as you would create any
filesystem directory.

Linux cpusets will allow you to do exactly what you want.  You can thank
(mainly) SGI staff and the other participants of the Linux Scalability
Effort for their work that resulted in the cpusets functionality.  This
project began many years ago due to SGI's switch from MIPS/Irix to
Itanium/Linux supercomputer hardware that scaled from 2 to 512 CPUs, the
focus was to duplicate existing IRIX functionality in Linux.  Other
staff at vendors of scalable Linux hardware participated as well,
including IBM with xSeries NUMA Xeon machines up to 16 CPUs at the time
IIRC, and Bull, Fujitsu, Hitachi, and HP with 2-32 CPU Itanium machines.

--
Stan