On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 12:40:02AM +0100, David Touzeau wrote:

> Many thanks Stan
>
> But to be honest, you document is very hard to understand... for my
> skills
> cpusets are set to create cpu tasks environnements
> my problem is to ensure that all postfix tasks will go into the defined
> cpuset filesystem

This is largely a waste of time. Postfix is I/O intensive, unless one
slows it down sufficiently with A/V or compex spam filters. You can
control the CPU consumption of an instance by limiting the concurrency
of post-queue filters. You have a lot less control with milters, but
for low volume can also limit the number of concurrent SMTP server
instances, but then desperately need postscreen(8) to avoid connection
slot startvation.

On the whole, I would not bother with trying to tie Postfix to a single
CPU, it is unlikely to yield any real benefits.

--
        Viktor.