On 12/01/11 10:18, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 12/01/11 10:15, John Doe wrote:
From: Jonathan Tripathy<jon...@abpni.co.uk>

I will have 2 Postfix/Dovecot servers. Each will be configured to use a central database and will also use an NFS mount for mail storage. Since
they will both be configured with central  storage, I can use my
load-balancer to distribute load between both of them, for both SMTP and
IMAP, correct?
As for the nfs server, this will be set up with DRBD as per this article: http://www.tutorialsconnect.com/2009/01/how-to-setup-a-redundant-nfs-server-with-drbd-and-heartbeat-in-centos-5/
/
There  will be 2 VM used for this.
I did not follow the entire discussion but, do you need NFS at all if you only
have 2 servers?
Couldn't you just use DRBD directly on the Postfix/Dovecot servers?

JD

JD, excellent idea! Don't know how I didn't think of that!

While your idea would work in HA mode, would that cause any problems if both postfix servers were used at the same time? (i.e. load balanced)
In fact I may be able to answer my own question by saying yes, it would cause a problem as you're not supposed to write to a DRBD secondary...