Am 11.01.2011 18:05, schrieb Jonathan Tripathy:

> But then I will need central storage, which I don't currently have.
> Can you please explain how I could achieve this?

For VMware-HA, yes this is true

But if you do not have a SAN setup for every client a vm
makes nothing better, iy you have enough clients you will
need more hardware because you can not really use one host
für 200 virtul machines

So if this is really growing you have to take money in the
hand somewhere, put this money better in SAN-Storage

If this is not growing there is no need for many own mail
servers and eveb if does it not make sense on the same host

about how many mail-domains, user-accounts and mail-storage-size
do we speak? how many mails per day?

some hundret domains are not a problem in one virtual machine
on ESXi-host (dbmail, dovecot as proxy for tsl/auth, mysql, postfix)
in our case and on another VM are round about 10.000 forwarders on
the same setup, both machines are nearly idle and and the host
has a barracuda spamfirewall, some webservers, a fileserver and VOIP
and a second host for backup-VMs / HA-Failover