>> There is also an initiative to allow UTF-8 characters to appear in SMTP
>> (RFC 5336 and related documents). A malformed UTF-8 could easily
>> appear there, despite being prohibited. If an SQL database would
>> declare an e-mail address field of an UTF-8 data type, a lookup could
>> abort when given such invalid data.
>>

> In anticipation of UTF8SMTP support, I added an UTF-8 validator to
> Postfix a while ago.  This validator is currently used only in the
> LDAP and SQLITE clients, which are known to require UTF-8. If
> a string is not valid UTF-8, then it is not used in a query.

Interesting, that can be applicable also to a MySQL ? Maybe this can be
the solution of my problem...

Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  http://atpss.net/disclaimer
PGP Key - http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc