Am 02.02.2011 04:43, schrieb Alan Batie:
> While it's a much more minor matter, the ID suggestion *is* still
> pertinent - that's *not* something a simple configuration hack will fix,
> and it would be nice to have
Alan,

Postfix logs the ID whenever one is available, and it did in your case.
I'm wondering what exactly you seem to be missing. If it's about the
client connection as logged by postfix/smtpd, then it has no connection
to individual messages, hence doesn't have IDs associated. If messages
get rejected before entering the system (which a proper configuration
could and should attain BTW), there is no ID either because there is no
queue file.

HTH

--
Matthias Andree