I'm using Postfix 2.7.0.

  I'm trying to limit how many messages can be sent to a recipient. I
would like it to be about 10 per minute, but I noticed it's not
possible (?) to do exactly that, from what I read at:

http://postfix.eu.org/rate.html

  So I tried this:

initial_destination_concurrency = 2
smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 3

  And also 2 / 5 / 5, or 2 / 10 / 10, and many other combinations for
those 3 directives. Postfix sent almost instantly all 10000 messages,
flooding the other machine postfix (mail queue got as big as 20k
messages). Of course, I restarted postfix and cleaned up the mailq
between each modification to main.cf.

  What am I doing wrong?

  thanks