On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 03:27:50PM -0300, Lauro Costa G. Borges wrote:

I'm trying to limit how many messages can be sent to a recipient.

- A specific set of recipients or as a general rule?

 A general rule.

- Per sender, or across the entire MTA?

 The entire MTA.

- Why?

Some company systems send email when something is wrong. Some of our users have .forward which sends a copy of messages arriving to their company e-mail to an external e-mail, such as GMail. This gets out smtp-out server temporarily blocked on some external mail servers.