Am 12.03.2011 14:19, schrieb Stan Hoeppner:
> Wietse Venema put forth on 3/11/2011 8:55 PM:
>> Stan Hoeppner:
>>> I've often wondered why MX lookups aren't disabled automatically when
>>> setting relayhost=.
>>
>> Because there is no way to turn it on! A feature that can't be
>> turned off is a bug.
>>
>>      Wietse
>
> Maybe I asked my question in the wrong way Wietse.  What I'm wondering
> is how doing MX lookups is ever useful when relayhost is set.  I don't
> see how it could be.  If it's never useful when relayhost is set, then
> it makes sense to me to automatically disable it when relayhost is set.

sorry but this is a little naive and would break many setups
like this where the machine is MX/SMTP for custormers AND
using a relayhost, so you will not tell us a magic configurations
would be good - a daemon has not to decide what options the admin
meant, the admin has to learn which he needs

reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch,
reject_non_fqdn_recipient, reject_non_fqdn_sender, permit_sasl_authenticated,
reject_unauth_destination,
reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_unknown_recipient_domain,
reject_invalid_hostname, reject_unauth_pipelining