Hi,

I have attempted implementing an access policy delegation mechanism based on
this document: http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_POLICY_README.html

To test, I got the policy delegation requests logged into a file. I see lines
like this:

sender=x...@yyyy.com

OK. That's perfect. But I also see lines like this:

sender=xxxxxx+xxx_=xxxxxxxxxxxx=xxxxx.yy@gma...

As I realized, such sender addresses appear when a gmail user has forwarded the
mails to an account in my server. The value of the 'sender' attribute has two
'=' signs. Is this how SMTP works when mails are auto forwarded? I haven't gone
through the RFC in full.

My real problem lies with the last portion of that value. I am interested in
figuring out the sender domain. But postfix seems to send '@gma...'. That
truncation causes me not to split the sender address into parts based on '@'
and correctly figure out the sender's domain. If I do, what I end up with is
'gma...' as the domain. If the sender address is lengthier, sometimes '@' might
not even appear, right? I am wondering if this is a bug in postfix or normal.
Any thoughts?

Postfix-2.7.0-1, Ubuntu 10.04

Kamal