Thanks Noel. The problem was surely in the logger. Postfix was working fine. My
policy server implementation was also fine. It in fact seem to be a feature of
the logger! I was so worried about it.

My implementation is Java based and I am reading the policy request key-value
pairs into an instance of Properties class. Once loaded, I write to the log
file using the 'list(PrintStream)' method of that class. I never knew that it
summarizes the output.