On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 18.03.2011 12:54, schrieb Alain Spineux:
>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
>> wrote:

>>> what sense should this make?
>>>
>>> the domain / rcpt / from does mean NOTHING
>>
>> SPF can be used on domains of the SMTP <MAIL FROM:> and header <FROM:>
>> fields and be linked to the IP address this way.
>
> they can not,

Why ?

When a RBL provider get SPAM from a valid SPF enable domain, he log
the domain instead of the IP address.

And when you get an email, if it is not from a SPF enable  domain you
drop it, else you SPF check both domain
of SMTP <MAIL FROM: > and header <FROM:> field with the RBL and reject
if it does't match the SPF pointer.

To handle mailing list properly, for example this mailing list, the
RBL should allow mail from 168.100.1.3 and
sender=owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org
to fake the FROM: header to show the real mail sender. Any mailing
list owner should then register their lists near each RBL owner. And
mail server
administrator allow (or not) this class of SMTP server.

> they are
> spf and rbl are different shoes and both exists since years

Don't know about shoes ! maybe my poor english.

Regards

--
Alain Spineux                   |  aspineux gmail com
Monitor your iT & Backups |  http://www.magikmon.com