MTA history goes back to sendmail, which had three main modes for injecting a
message:

1) sendmail user@host
   [message header and body here]
   ["." or EOF]

2) sendmail -t
   [message header and body here]
   ["." or EOF]

3) sendmail -bs (or connect via TCP to the SMTP port)
   <<< 220 ...
   >>> HELO ...
   <<< 250 ...
   >>> MAIL FROM: <...>
   <<< 250 ...
   >>> RCPT TO: <...>
   <<< 250 ...
   >>> DATA
   <<< 354 ...
   >>> [message header and body here]
   >>> .
   <<< 250 ...
   >>> QUIT
   <<< 221 ...
   [close connection]

In mode (1) above, the recipient(s) are taken from the command line.

In mode (2) above, the recipients are parsed out of the header of the message.

In mode (3) above, the recipients are specified by RCPT TO:, which can appear
multiple times.

The only case where Bcc: actually has its value used is (2).  For that matter,
that's also the only place the values of To: and Cc: are actually used.

I believe postfix presents all of these interfaces one way or another, so if
your application is really keen to specify recipients in the header and not via
SMTP or the command line, look for the postfix equivalent of (2).  But since it
seems like you're most of the way toward SMTP support, just add more RCPT TO
lines and leave Bcc: since it will very likely be deleted without being used
anyway.

-MSK