On 3/30/2011 2:13 PM, Corey Quinn wrote:

On Mar 30, 2011, at 9:35 AM, Clayton Keller wrote:

I would like to allow the use of the recipient_delimiter, but rewrite the
address to ensure that it is delivered to the original address.

i.e. clay+t...@domain.tld ->  c...@domain.tld

I'm attempting something similar today, although the specifics vary slightly.

I've got a relayhost in the datacenter that I'd like to have rewrite
user+...@example.com to u...@example.com before passing the message outwards to
(ours, but externally hosted) example.com's MX server.

So far setting
propagate_unmatched_extensions =
recipient_delimiter = +

hasn't done what I wanted.  Am I on the right path?

That's a very different problem, ie. strip recipient delimiters from mail relayed externally.

Sounds as if smtp_generic_maps will fill the need.
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#generic

# main.cf
smtp_generic_maps =
  regexp:/etc/postfix/generic.regexp