evilgh...@packetmail.net:
> Hello, I may have a somewhat unique situation regarding an IPv4
> relayhost on an IPv4 and IPv6 enabled Postfix MTA; it seems that
> even for an IPv6 capable recipient MTA the IPv4 relayhost is used.
> Is there a way to bind/enforce the relayhost to be IPv4 only, as
> in, if the recipient's MX does not publish quad-As then use the
> IPv4 relayhost?

Perhaps surprisingly, the Postfix relayhost feature works as
documented:  send the mail to $relayhost, instead of the host
that is responsible for the recipient's domain.

> Recipients publishing quad-A's for their MX currently are using
> the IPv4 relayhost as defined in the Postfix configuration.
> Ideally I would like native IPv6->IPv6 delivery if possible,
> ignoring the IPv4 defined relayhost as it only pertains to an IPv4
> network.

As documented, the Postfix relayhost feature is agnostic of the
the mail delivery mechanism for the recipient's domain, whether it
is SMTP over TCP over IPV4 or something over RFC 1149.

The Postfix documentation only describes the features that are
implemented. Therefore if you can't find something then you can
safely assume that it is not supported.

        Wietse