On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:30 PM, evilgh...@packetmail.net
<evilgh...@packetmail.net> wrote:

> I'm certainly open for any suggestions for accommodating my goal of applying
> an
> IPv4 relayhost to non-IPv6 capable traffic if there is such a way to
> accomplish
> this goal with the existing configuration directives.

What if you do this: eliminate the ability of your mail server to send
SMTP over IPv4, possibly by removing any IPv4 address from it, or
firewalling that ability away.

Set up fallback_relay on this host so that all mail that did not make
it on the first try goes to your relay host.  There will be *some*
IPv6 capable traffic sent that way as the result of transient
failures, but it will be mostly messages that require IPv4.